OceanEyes Service Overviews
We provide two FishTech services for fishing and marine industries.
- SEAoME : Highly accurate sea condition prediction system.
- Fishers Navi : Fishing ground determining support system.
SEAoME :State Estimate and Forecast of Marine Environments
Features of SEAoME
Highly accurate model for predicting up to 14 days ahead
- Changes in water temperature, salinity, current velocity and sea height in a particular area such as a bay are usually predicted for 5 to 14 days.
Risk management for rapid tides, red tides and rapid temperature changes
- Preventing damage due to rapid tides, red tides and rapid changes in seawater temperature, which cause serious damage to aquaculture facilities and fixed nets.
Technology used in the field
- Using the technology developed by JAMSTEC in cooperation with fishery experiment stations in various parts of Japan.
- Many local governments have used this system.
The ocean physical model
- Calculated by the supercomputer.
- Provides a dedicated website for viewing on your PC.
- API support.
- Time range : 14 days ahead (maximum).
- Horizontal resolution: about 1.7 km
- Data provided and estimated intervals:
Water temperature and salinity: Any depth(36 layers). Every 6 Hours.
Velocity: any depth. Every 1 hour.
- Weather forecasts such as wind and temperature are based on data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
“Fishers Navi” contributing to productivity improvement of sea surface fishery
We will support the efficiency of fishery activities by providing frequent and highly accurate sea status information rather than what has been provided in the past. We predict the fishing ground by analyzing the water lifting data and the seawater temperature distribution for each operation point, support the decision of the fishing ground determined by experience and intuition, and navigate to the fishing ground.
Features of FishersNavi
The latest SST data
- “sea surface temperature (SST) ” is the important information that determines the fishing ground. “Fishers navi” distributes the latest data 7 x 24.
- Using the OceanEyes’s unique AI technology, the latest data is generated from SST images taken by a meteorological satellite “Himawari” and distributed to tablets brought onto fishing boats.
- Fishers can determine fishing grounds based on the latest SST data, saving time and effort in searching for fishing grounds and reducing fuel costs.
High resolution and high frequency
- High-resolution SST data in 2-km mesh units.
- Data observed by “Himawari” 2 hours ago will be distributed every 1 hour, and forecasts will be distributed in the future.
Option to estimate fishing ground
- If you are able to provide the fishing operational data to date, OceanEyes will optionally provide the AI-estimated results of good fishing grounds that reproduce the “fisherman’s intuition”.
Easy for anyone to use
- It’s in SaaS format, already installed on your tablet, so you don’t have to update or sync your data manually.
- Entire observation area of meteorological satellite “Himawari” (Western Pacific)
- We plan to expand this service worldwide.
Technology supporting “fishing boat navigation”
Prediction of wide area oceanic condition based on ocean physical model It is a technology to predict the sea condition such as sea water temperature over a wide range by model calculation using a large computer.
Wide area prediction of the ocean is obtained by optimizing observation data that satellites, observation buoys, and observation vessels provide based on the ocean physical model. This calculation requires a large amount of computer resources, and the latest supercomputer is used.
OnSpot ocean condition forecast
Using data assimilation technology, predict the ocean condition around the fishing boat on demand.
Although prediction of the ocean condition based on the physical model of the sea is highly accurate, it was difficult to forecast the range that can be directly used for fishing activities. We have developed a technology to realize the prediction range of 10 km units in the finer range of 100 m by utilizing data from sensors mounted on vessels such as fishing boats. With this technology, it is now possible to provide more useful information for fishery activities, such as determining more detailed fishing ground decisions and netting timing.
Automatic creation of isotherm diagram
We will remove the clouds from the satellite water temperature image at high speed and create the isotherm diagram as quickly as possible.
In the sea fishery field, decisions on which seas to fish are important decision-making items affecting landing and fuel consumption. Isotherm diagrams provided by public institutions etc. are widely used for fishing ground decisions. By using the image reconstruction technique of the deep learning system, we greatly reduced the calculation cost and automated the preparation of the isotherm diagram itself than before. This greatly improved the frequency of renewal and the timing of renewal, making it possible to make a big contribution to improving the efficiency of fishery.
Estimated fishing veteran fisherman’s experience x Pattern analysis
At the fishing site, based on isotherm charts etc, veteran fishermen decide the sea area to be fished by experience and intuition. We developed a technique to imitate the skill of veteran fishermen and to estimate the fishery which is well captured by performing pattern recognition of catch data and seawater temperature distribution.